Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Changing of the season

With the changing of the season many people notice the change in weather or change in temperature. Maybe because that is the most easily noticed. To some the change in seasons brings a new sports season, or the end of one. To some of us the changing of seasons brings all of this and more.

For those of us that like to modify or customize cars with each change in season comes a change in our rides. Whether it is just a change of rims or something else. Many car enthusiast myself included use the seasons to some extent. Here's how the changing of seasons affect me and my car.

I'll start with summer because I think this is the same for most people. Summer time is the time to show what you got and see what others think. It could be new rims, a new audio system, maybe you changed up the body, or the interior. Either way summer to me is a time where modding slows down and I try to just keep the car clean and fresh everyday so I can drive my car and be proud of what I've done. Then as the Summer comes to an end, its time to remove the rims and save them from the harsh winters in the northeast.

As Fall hits I make sure the rims are off and stored so they are good to go for next year. I take the fall to try to save up some cash and start buying things that I can try to add to my car over the next few months. Fall usually brings my mind to wheels checking to see if anyone is selling a set that I think might fit my car really nicely or possibly change up the whole appearance of my car and bring me to some other level, build-up, or style. I also use the fall as a time for planning. I sit back and think about where my car is and where I would l like it to be and how to go about progressing from point A to point B. With fall coming to an end it is time to prioritize and start buying parts. This fall I already bought some more aggressive rims for next summer, a very nice set of customized S550 fog lights. And have been discussing some other parts and ideas with a few trusted friends and other auto tuners. Hopefully this winter brings lots of good changes.

Then the cold winter hits and parts arrive and others are ordered and searched for. In the cold months of winter it is not the most ideal time or temperature to be out working on, under, or in your car, so I try to take advantage of friends with garages and do as much as I can indoors. This winter I have a lot to work on. One set of headlights is already ripped open in hopes I can change them up a little bit and make them stand out a little bit from other Q45's I am trying to find some parts to incorporate the fogs I have just bought into my car and make them not only fit but look like they belong there. I will also have to pull my fenders a little so I can get my new wheels to fit just they way I want them to. Also would love to get my suspension set so I ride at the height my car should have been designed to be at. So the winter is a busy time for me and my car and often carries over into the spring before I manage to get everything I planned on doing over the winter done.

Then spring starts. I have to finish up what I can and decide if some of my projects and ideas will have to be put on hold until next fall or if I can try to get them done in this last season so I can enjoy them for the summer. So with most of the winter mods done and a few wrapping up its time to give the car a good detailing or two and start getting ready to enjoy the summer. As the spring ends I know its time to polish everything up, finish off the last of my winter projects, and get my car as ready as I can for the coming summer months. And then it starts all over again.

No comments:

Post a Comment