Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Winter Body Work

Okay, over the winter I have a lot of plans I'm trying to bring into and add onto my car. First of all a personal thank you must be extended to AGI aka widebody_Q, a friend of mine from a few car forums who has had lots of input and helped me out on many things I have been stuck on or needed help with. He has come up with most of the idea's for my body mods that I am trying to tackle over this winter. He has also been someone who I can rely on great info on how to bring my car to that nice low level ride height I hope to get to sometime in the near future.



My plans for the body are to Buy a few different bumpers and have a shop do some custom plastic welding and body work to blend them together and make them flow with my cars factory design. Ideally I want to add these custom bumpers, and have them be eye catching but at the same time look like they belong there and could have come from the dealership with them as an upgraded option. My Plans are to purchase JDM front and rear bumpers for the F50 Cima, the Japanese version of the US Q45. I will be having a shop cut these slightly under the chrome trim lines and Plastic welding to other bumpers to them. The front bumper will have the lower part of a Mercedes Benz S550 front bumper added to it retaining the S550 lower bumper grille and keeping the S550 fog lights. As for the rear bumper I will be adding the lower portion of a BMW 745 rear bumper. I will be having some vents cut into the rear to make it look a little more aggressive and adding some red LED lights into it.

With all of the bumper work AGI and I have come up with there will be some slight additions to the front fenders. Both fenders will be getting a slight pull before next summer in order to house my new wheels and let them fit the car even though they are a little more aggressive then the Q45 was originally designed for. The pull will fit them very nicely especially once I get some coil overs or add air suspension to my current set up. Also being added to the car over the winter to go with all the other body work will be some Wald fender inserts. I think these look very nice and will flow with the overall style of my car. I plan to add some LED's behind them so that at night there will be a little more attention brought to them and they will act as subtle side markers. I will try to add some pics to help my descriptions of all of the work I plan to do and give people a better idea of all the pieces that will be combined and added to my car and hopefully by spring, I will have a finished project to post with pictures for all to enjoy.

With AGI's help and imagination I hope to incorporate all of these into my Q45 flawlessly over the winter. I will do my best to keep this and all of the forums I'm on updated and add some pics of the numerous parts and progress made over the winter months. Hope everyone can appreciate the work I am trying to do to my car and hopefully the final outcome will be something that everyone will like, and if not like at least appreciate.

Thanks and stay tuned for more!

No comments:

Post a Comment